Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is great on pasta, in rice, or any thing you like to use green pesto for, also great for shrimp pasta! It is very spicy, but you can substitute different kinds of dried chiles if it is too hot for you. Attributed to Mike from the Chile Heads mailing list.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄8 cup pine nuts (or substitute almonds)
- 1⁄8 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄8 cup red chili powder
- 1⁄8 cup crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup olive oil
- Puree all the ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor.
- Slowly add the olive oil while the processor is still running.