Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
this came off of the hunt's tomato can
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Hunts tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked and kept warm
- Whisk oil and tomato sauce together in a 2 quart saucepan.
- blend in spices, onion, and sugar.
- Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes; reduce heat and simmer 5 additional minutes.
- Serve over pasta.
If you're looking for a quick prep meal, this is it. Makes a tangy/sweet sauce and I loved it. I did add more garlic powder because I like lots of garlic, but otherwise followed the recipe.
I've made this several times in a pinch. The brown sugar really adds a good touch! Roxygirl