Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
a lot of the other available Somali Shaah aka Somali Tea have odd ingredients added to them which does not make them Somali tea. Anyways here is my family recipe for authentic yummy tea as served in coffee houses, restaurants and of coarse Somali homes. ENJOY!
- peel and crush about a thumb sized amount of fresh ginger.
- crush cardemon and cloves
- add all ingredients to pot of water except milk.
- boil for 30 mins or until spices permeate tea.
- add milk to each serving cup to taste.
I was a bit worried about boiling for 30 minutes, but no, the water didn't all boil away. This is very good! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2013.