Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I'm posting this recipe in response to seeing many inaccurate copycat recipes online. This is an extremely cheap and easy item to make but every other recipe is too complicated, uses too many ingredients, and adds things which were never in Taco Bell's version. They may be good additions but they aren't Taco Bell copycats!
- 2 -3 tablespoons hormel no-bean chili
- 1 cup medium cheddar, shredded
- 2 -3 flour tortillas, thin ones are best
- Warm tortillas on a griddle. Keep warm.
- Heat a few spoonfuls of chili in a small pot.
- Add an equal or greater amount of cheese. More cheese than chili tastes most like Taco Bell's version.
- Melt. Don't allow the cheese to stick and burn.
- Wrap about a large spoonful or two of the melted chili cheese in a tortilla.
- Makes a great chip dip. May be easily expanded to make enough for a group.
- Optional (good) additions which make this unlike a Taco Bell version: beans, extra beef, onions, Taco sauce, other seasonings, Frito chips.
I tried this exact recipe today, and I am sorry, but this is nothing like the taco bell chili cheese burrito. Not even close. It actually wasn't very good at all. If I could give it zero stars I would.
Thank you for an accurate rendition of Taco Bell's Chili Cheese Burrito. It is simple, but good.