- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped thinly sliced carrot
- 5 chopped peppadew peppers
- 1⁄3 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chicken seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 9 egg roll wraps
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Cook the ground chicken until done. Season with the salts and black pepper while cooking. (Make sure you break up the big pieces so that the chicken remains crumbled) Drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan or wok, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and stir-fry the ingredients in the mixing bowl for about 3 minutes. (Do not overcook. Vegetables should still be colorful).
- Combine the ground chicken with the stir-fry in the wok. Stir and simmer for about 2-3 minutes to balance out flavors. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together egg and milk to create egg-wash. Take one eggroll wrapper and brush edges with the egg-wash.
- Take two spoonfuls of the chicken mixture and place in center of wrapper. Then generously top with cheese and fold according to directions. Set aside and fill the other wrappers.
- Once finished, deep fry 3-4 eggrolls at a time for 2 1/2 minutes. (TRICK: Turnover eggroll every 30 seconds so that the eggroll doesn't get top-heavy from the oil and becomes difficult to turnover).