Recipe by Moomydog
Came up with this one day trying something different. My family and friends ask me to make it all the time.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces new potatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I use jar minced garlic)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1 tablespoon wet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- minced clams with juice
- 6 tablespoons ragu jar spaghetti sauce (Yes Ragu)
- 1 link Portuguese chourico, hot sausage diced in small pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 lb linguine
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add diced new potatoes and cook until almost crispy about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add green onions, diced Chourico, garlic, wet red pepper, parsley and cook until green onions are soft.
- 3. Add clam juice, Ragu and Paprika over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- 4. Turn heat to low and add clams with juice. Cook on low heat about 3 minutes.
- 5. Cook Linguine to package directions.
- 6. Drain pasta and top with clam sauce. Sometimes I will top pasta with grated cheese to taste.