1/2 Photos of Raw Oatmeal Goji Cacao Cookies
12 hrs 25 mins
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
What does one give a raw vegan for Christmas. How about some delicious raw cookies. These turned out great and are very tasty indeed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a food processor, blend the soaked oat groats in a food processor until the batter comes together. Put into a large bowl.
- 2In the food processor pulse the almonds (or hazelnuts) until you have a course chop. Remove and add to the oat groats.
- 3Add the goji berries, cacao nibs and your sweetner. Keep in mind the sweetner will affect the taste, but it probably will be good no matter which one you use.
- 4Also the liquid sweetener will make this very very sticky. If you want to cut back on the sweetener that wouldn't hurt.
- 5Mix all the ingredients in the bowl well.
- 6Grind the cashews to a fine powder. Be careful not to let them grind too long, you don't want cashew butter.
- 7Put the cashews in a flat bowl and spread it out evenly on the bottom.
- 8Using a tablespoon measure scoop out some of the oat mixture and put it in the cashew powder and roll to coat.
- 9When done all the little balls, put them into the dehydrator to dry. Use the plastic mesh sheets for these, not the slippery teflex ones.
- 10Drying can take up to 12 hours at 110'F, depending on how thick your cookies are.
- 11Pat each ball down to the desired thickness. Also how dry it is in your house can affect the drying time, so check them now and again during the first 6 hours.
- 12At about 6 hours flip the cookies and dry another 6 hrs if necessary.
- 13These look so pretty with the bright goji berries and the dark cacao nibs. Its very festive! You could also add some dried cranberries/blueberries or whatever you have in the pantry.
- 14Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raw Oatmeal Goji Cacao Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 33.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: