Recipe by Vegan_Baker900
This is a deliciously nutritious pie recipe that I had thought I royal messed-up. I believe my royal mess-up turned out quite nice :) It's not too sweet. So it's definitely very enjoyable. And best of all, it's painfully nutritious! You'll feel the happy vitamins and enzymes running rampant in your body!... not really, but you get the idea.
For the Crust
- 2 cups almonds, raw and finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried figs, stems removed, soaked in water for 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Filling
- 2 cups dried mango, soaked for 1 to 3 hours in next ingredient
- 2 cups orange juice, until soft
- 3 tablespoons dates, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and cored
For the Coulis
- 1 cup strawberry, green removed
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, blend the crust ingredients until it forms a ball. Might have to split it up first to effectively blend. Put the mix into a 9-inch tart or pie pan. I assume you know that you need to push the mixture down and make it crust-like ;).
- In a blender, blend the mango along with the OJ, dates, macadamias, coconut, lemon juice, and mango until creamy. Pour the smoothie-like concoction into the crust. Then just pop it in the freezer for a while. Uncovered if you want it to look pretty.
- In a blender, blend the coulis ingredients until smooth. Pour a small puddle of the coulis onto a plate, place a slice of the tart on top of the puddle, then dribble more on the top.
- Most importantly -- ENJOY :).