Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
In the process of making this easy dessert right now. I have the base made and it is delicious. Who knew Raw could be so good!!!! Found the recipe by Alice Cohen The Raw Food Diet. Can't wait to serve it up! Prep time does not include soaking time. Edited to add- I just made this again for my DIL and found it is much prettier with chopped walnuts on top.
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup dates (pitted and soaked at least one hour and up to overnite)
- 1⁄2 lemon (juiced)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- In a food processor, combine raisins and walnuts and blend until well blended and moist. (This will take a few minutes and you may see it forming a ball. Just make sure the raisins come out looking like a fudgy mixture and are not still grainy).
- In a food processor, combine dates and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the frosting on top of the torte.
- Sprinkle on chopped walnuts (optional).
- May or may not refrigerate before serving. Firmer for cutting if refrigerated.
Why does anyone buy junk food when delicious, healthy recipes like this are available. Thanks for sharing RaWziLLLa. Fun name. Are you the Godzilla of Raw food?
I've been making this for 8 years now and every time it's a hit. Definitely satisfies the fudge craving. Very simple to make. I suggest adding some shaved lemon rind as decoration on top which also helps being out the flavor. If you're just experimenting with raw foods or have been raw for years, this is a delicious, simple recipe that is sure to please any palate :) in joy
So glad you shared this recipe! I lost my cookbook and this is my hubby's favourite raw recipe.
I love that it's easy and uses common ingredients.
I suggest going by the recipe and NOT soaking the raisins. If you soak them the torte will not be nice and 'fudgy' but will be a sloppy mess and not taste as good. I just tried soaking them and hoping to recover that blunder in the dehydrator...snack bars?
A great rich treat that's good for you and keeps well for a few days on the counter if the raisins aren't soaked.