Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't think I could be a raw foodist if their wasn't raw chocolate! This shake is a staple in our house. A guilt-less indulgence! It's so quick to whip up if you already have almond milk made ahead, waiting in the fridge.
- 4 frozen bananas
- 3 cups almond milk (fresh)
- 5 -6 dates
- 1⁄3 vanilla bean
- 1 pinch celtic sea salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons cacao (raw, powder form)
- 2 (1 g) packets stevia
- ice (optional)
- Put all ingredients in blender and blend until very smooth.
- If I don't have frozen bananas ready in the freezer, I use fresh bananas and add anywhere from 8-12 ice cubes to make sure the shake is cold. I usually don't add ice if the bananas are frozen.
- This makes 3 large servings.
Oh so GOOD! It definitely doesn't need Stevia, in my opinion. The bananas & dates make it super sweet. If your almond milk is sweetened and/or if your bananas are super ripe, you might not need the dates at all. I recommend taste testing as you go. I used 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, since I didn't have a vanilla bean on hand. I recommend adding ice, too.
Made up some Amazing Almond Milk specificially to use in this recipe, & I wasn't disappointed! This chocolate shake, with the dates, almond milk & bananas (among other ingredients) is wonderful! For me, an unusual, chocolaty flavor! Thanks for a keeper of a drink! [Tagged, made & reviewed as an extra recipe for one of my teammates in our vegetarian group in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap]