Recipe by annconnolly
Found this on Recipes of the world. So quick and easy and kids love it. I like to use the chicken ravioli I get at Sam's club But, any kind will do. Sometimes I Use an Alfredo sauce with the chicken ravioli.
Top Review by Hey Jude
This was really good! I used beef ravioli and cooked it right in the sauce and water mixture to save a step. Also, I just dotted the top of the sauce/ravioli mixture first with the spinach and then the ricotta mixture on top of the spinach. That gave it more of a layered look, like lasagna. My husband and I really enjoyed this with a salad and some breadsticks. I'll make it again!
- 2 cups light chunk-style spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese ravioli or 1 (9 ounce) packagemeat-filled ravioli
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 (15 ounce) carton fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- grated romano cheese or parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together egg and ricotta. Pour spaghetti sauce an water into a deep pan and place over moderate heat.
- Boil the ravioli, drain and add to sauce. Fold in ricotta and egg mixture.
- Add thawed spinach and romano and heat.
- Serve hot.
- Note: If using Alfredo sauce, omit water and use milk in it's place.
- Cottage cheese has a totally different taste than Ricotta and I do not recommend it as a substitution.