Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious easy supper. Great if everyone's in a hurry! An old neighborhood staple.
- 8 cups chicken stock or 8 cups vegetable stock (homemade is best)
- 20 small cheese ravioli
- 1 lb fresh spinach, very well cleaned
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- good Italian bread, sliced 1 inch thick
- Heat the stock to simmering, and add the ravioli.
- When they float, add the spinach, and simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Place a slice of bread into a wide soup bowl, and ladle the soup over.
- Season to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Recipe is delicious. I love recipes like this! Tummy-warming, family-gathering, good, old-fashioned comfort food.