Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
I made this up myself. To my knowledge no bar or restaraunt has it on their own menu, as I always have to ask for it specially ordered. The whiskey has a smokey quality to it that mixes well with the sweetness of the grenadine. It's a great drink to relax by and is best served without ice (blood is warm after all). I drink without lemon-lime soda but you may add to cut through the alcohol taste. This would be "boiling" raven's blood.
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces grenadine
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces Irish whiskey (preferably Jameson's)
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces carbonated lemon-lime beverage (or to taste) (optional)
- Pour the whiskey into a tumbler.
- Pour the grenadine on top of the whiskey.
- Mix together with a spoon and enjoy.
- If adding soda, pour soda into stirred mix.
I tried this with and without the soda (I posted photos of each) and liked it both ways though I think I prefer it with the addition of the soda. I made my own grenadine using recipe Pomegranate Syrup (Grenadine). Thanks for sharing your drink recipe!