Recipe by Manami
Yummy raspberries/toasted nuts/ice cream make a definite statement. So here it is! If fresh raspberries are not available, use frozen, thawed according to pkg directions.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no subsitutions)
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey-roasted cashews or 1 1⁄2 cups honey-roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, or frozen
- 2 pints ice cream or 2 pints sorbet
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet melt butter, stir in brown sugar until melted.
- Cook, stirring frquently, over medium heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add raspberries, nuts, and lemon peel, stir very gently to coat.
- Scoop ice cream and/or sorbet into 8 small dessert cups.
- Top with raspberry mixture.
- Serve immediately.