1/1 Photo of Raspberry Lemon Turnovers
1 hr 15 mins
Rebekah of SFD's Note:
Tastebud tingling lemon and raspberry in a buttery, flaky crust! Pretty enough for a party, and my kids love them too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) box puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jelly
- 1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd (or my handmade version, recipe below)
- 1Thaw pastry sheets on the counter for 30 minutes.
- 2Unfold one sheet onto a lightly floured board or clean counter, and roll out to 12x12", use a pizza cutter to cut into 9 (4x4") squares.
- 3Using a spoon, place a teaspoon of raspberry jelly in the center of each square, and spread into a 2" circle.
- 4Brush the edges of each square with water.
- 5Place a tablespoon of lemon curd in the center of a square, then quickly fold over one corner to the opposite corner to create a triangle, and press the edges to seal. It's important to do this quickly before the lemon curd has a chance to run out to the edges and gets in the way of sealing the edges, which is why I work with one square at a time for this step.
- 6Place the triangles on a jelly roll size baking sheet.
- 7Repeat this process with the second puff pastry sheet.
- 8Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9When cool, drizzle with a confectioners sugar glaze (1/2 cup conf. sugar mixed with a few teaspoons of milk) or melted chocolate for decoration, if desired.
- 10Homemade Lemon Curd:.
- 111/4 cup lemon juice (either from squeezing lemons or from a bottle).
- 123/4 cup sugar.
- 132 large eggs.
- 146 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled.
- 15Whisk lemon juice, sugar and eggs together. Beat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the melted butter. Pour into a heavy 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, whisk constantly until it gradually thickens and comes to a boil (5-7 minutes). Remove from heat, continue to whisk until it cools ( 4-5 more minutes) Pour into a bowl or jar, cover and chill.
- 16If you are using this for the Raspberry Lemon Turnovers, it is imperative that you chill it first, or it will be too runny to stay in the center while you are sealing the turnovers.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Lemon Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.9
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 70.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: