Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I tried to duplicate a birthday cake I tasted at a party, I came pretty dang close! This is an easy and elegant cake. Now I make it for the holiday dessert buffet. It's so beautiful.
- Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Prepare Cake mix according to package directions using 1 cup water, 1/4 cup oil, 3 eggs and 1 pkg (4-serving size) Jell-o French Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling.
- Place one baked layer on plate.
- Spread 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam to within 1 inch of edge.
- Top with second layer.
- Spread 1 can Creamy Supreme Vanilla Frosting over sides of cake, bringing frosting just over top edge.
- Top with 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam; spread evenly.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.
I had no idea such a simple addition to a prepackaged mix could make such a huge difference! This was delicious! I made it for a friend's birthday back in October (see picture) and forgot to review it. As I write this, I have another one in the oven - this time I used classic yellow moist supreme with vanilla pudding and am planning to frost with chocolate icing. I'm definitely looking forward to eating it! Thanks for a great recipe!
I used a French Vanilla cake mix along with the French Vanilla pudding and the flavor was not in the least overpowering. Hubby scoffed up two big pieces before anyone else could get to it. Made for the Beverage Tag.
I had this one printed off for awhile and made it yesterday. It is very easy and very good! I didn't have rasberries for garnish, so I used sprinkles. I am going to use this cake mix and your oil measurement to make a coconut cake, because I loved the texture of this cake. I am sure I will be making this one again. Thank you for another 5 star recipe Chef Vseward!!!