I tried to duplicate a birthday cake I tasted at a party, I came pretty dang close! This is an easy and elegant cake. Now I make it for the holiday dessert buffet. It's so beautiful.
- Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Prepare Cake mix according to package directions using 1 cup water, 1/4 cup oil, 3 eggs and 1 pkg (4-serving size) Jell-o French Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling.
- Place one baked layer on plate.
- Spread 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam to within 1 inch of edge.
- Top with second layer.
- Spread 1 can Creamy Supreme Vanilla Frosting over sides of cake, bringing frosting just over top edge.
- Top with 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam; spread evenly.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.