Recipe by Engrossed
This is adapted from the "South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Cookbook". Appropriate for phases 2 and 3. The recipe didn't have Splenda but we didn't like it without it.
- 236.59 ml red seedless grapes (30 grapes)
- 236.59 ml raspberries or 236.59 ml strawberry
- ice cube, to serve
- 473.18 ml seltzer water, chilled (we used lemon sparkling mineral water)
- Splenda sugar substitute, to taste (we liked 3 packets per glass for a sweet taste)
- minced of fresh mint, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine grapes and raspberries; puree until smooth.
- Strain mixture into a pitcher. I found rubbing the back of a spoon in a circular motion against the mesh helps get the juice through. Discard seeds. You should end up with a cup of juice.
- Fill 4 (8-ounce) glasses with ice. Pour 1/4 cup of fruit juice into each glass and top with seltzer.
- Stir in Splenda and mint if desired to serve.
- To make it pretty you can put some raspberries, mint leaves and grapes on toothpicks and garnish the drink.