My recipe for a layer cake.
Make and share this Raspberry Filled Cake With White Chocolate and Macadamias recipe from Food.com.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic White cake mix)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 cup seedless red raspberry jam, divided
WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 (11 ounce) bagghirardelli classic white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces chopped macadamia nuts
- 4 ounces fresh raspberries
- WHITE CAKE: Prepare three cake layers in three pans using one (18.25 oz box) Duncan Hines Classic White Cake mix, followiing package directions (1 1/3 cups water, 3 egg whites and 2 tablespoons canola oil); PLACE on racks; COOL completely.
- RASPBERRY FILLING: Invert one cake layer on cake plate (flat-surface up); SPREAD top only with 1/3 cup seedless red raspberry jam, spreading to 1/4 inch of the cake edge; PLACE second cake layer, flat-side up over first layer; SPREAD top with 1/3 cup raspberry jam; PLACE third cake layer over second, rounded-side up; SPREAD top with remaining 1/3 cup raspberry jam.
- WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING: Melt 11 oz white chocolate chips in double boiler at medium temperature with 1 cup whipping cream; COOL. In a small mixing bowl beat remaining one cup whipping cream with an electric mixer on low speed until soft peaks form tips curl); ADD white chocolate chip mixture; CONTINUE beating on low speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).; FROST outside of cake, decorating in swirls.
- GARNISH: Chop 1/2 cup macadamia nuts; SPRINKLE evenly over cake; DECORATE top of cake with fresh raspberries.