Prep 2 mins
Cook 13 mins
Got this recipe from my local grocery HEB. This recipe took just minutes to prepare and had us saying YUM with every bite! You can either purchase a bottle of raspberry chipotle marinade or glaze or use my Yummy Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
- 1 lb salmon fillet (I used sockeye)
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry chipotle marinade (can use my Yummy Raspberry Chipotle Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, I used lemon infused
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to high (450 degrees). Meanwhile allow salmon to come to room temperature
- Place salmon skin side down on a foil covered baking sheet. (For extra ease you can also place fish on a grilling mesh or cooling rack sprayed with cooking spray and then put the rack directly on the grill when ready to cook. Use the foil covered baking sheet to carry the fish to and from grill).
- Brush olive oil on both sides of fish and grind fresh black pepper over the fleshy side. Place fish back on pan skin side down.
- When grill is preheated place the mesh or rack or just the fish on the grill. CLOSE the lid and grill for 5-10 minutes depending on how done you want your salmon- we like it on the rare side.
- Open grill and brush with the marinade and grill 3 more minutes with the grill open.
- Remove and devour!