Recipe by zeldaz51
Simple, but be sure not to overcook this! It sits in the oven for a very short time, but it's NOT the same as those dangerous roast beef recipes that have you leave the meat in a cooling oven for hours. No meat thermometer needed if the meat is within the size guidelines and your oven is properly calibrated. Cooking time includes resting time.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Insert slivers of garlic into small incisions in the meat.
- Spread butter/chili powder mixture over the meat, coating it thoroughly on all sides.
- Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast in preheated 450 degree oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Shut off oven, leave meat in for 20 minutes. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR!
- Remove roast from oven, tent loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest another 10 minutes before slicing thinly for service.