Recipe by Angela Curtis
This essentially Hidden Valley's Ranch Dressing and Seasoning mix. I don't like to use that stuff because (last I checked) it has msg in it.
Top Review by TandyI
My daughter was just diagnosed with a milk allergy, but she LOVES ranch dressing (it is the only one she would eat). She enjoys salads, but won't eat them without dressing and it is impossible to find one that doesn't have milk and/or soy. This is the first one I tried and my family loves it. I omitted the buttermilk powder (obvious reasons) and mixed it with Veganaise and rice milk. I didn't follow any specific measurements, just had her taste it until it was the right amount, but she loves it and my anti-vegan husband thought it was delicious too! I did add a splash of lemon juice, to add that extra tang. You will note on all commercial dressings, that there is vinegar and/or lemon juice in them and some of you not happy with the flavor may find that adding an acid (vinegar/lemon juice) would put it over the top for you.
- 118.29 ml dry buttermilk
- 14.79 ml dried parsley, crushed
- 4.92 ml dried dill weed
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml dried onion flakes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend at high speed until smooth.
- If you want to use this to make salad dressing combine 1 tablespoon mix with 1 cup mayonnaise and 1 cup milk.
- Otherwise use 1 tablespoon in any recipe calling for an envelope of ranch dressing mix.