Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An updated version of an old favorite. A wonderfull topping for a luncheon salad, on finger rolls for baby or bridal showers or as an appetizer spread for crackers or cocktail bread. Another recipe from Hidden Valley.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons crisp-cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 tablespoon diced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup bottled ranch dressing
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- lettuce or tomatoes or sliced pimento stuffed olive (optional)
- Combine chopped eggs with celery, bacon, green onion and dressing in a mixing bowl.
- Chill until just before serving.
- Spread salad evenly on 4 pieces of bread, arrange lettuce, tomato or sliced olives on top, if desired.
- Top with remaining slices of bread.
Lorac, WOW! Who ever thought you could improve on good old egg salad? This was delicious! We loved the additions of bacon, green onion and the ranch dressing-what a unique flavor that added. And serving it on pumpernickel was perfect. Thank you so much for this recipe!
We thought this was very good, and the bacon is definitely great! I'm not completely sold on the Ranch dressing, though; I think next time I'll try half Ranch and half just regular mayo. I also added a few drops of hot sauce, I gave it some zip.