Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family loves this recipe. My husband has fought his brother and sister for leftover cheese ball.
Make and share this Ranch and Bacon Cheese Ball recipe from Food.com.
- Take 2 packages of cream cheese (softened) and mix till slightly whipped.
- Add packet of ranch dressing and mix till incorporated.
- Fold in 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Pour bacon bits in a plate or pie tin.
- Form cream cheese mixture in to a ball with your hands.
- Roll ball in bacon bits till covered. Wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
- When cheese ball feels firm, remove and serve with crackers.
Our whole family really enjoyed this cheese ball for Christmas. I prepared as written except to make two smaller balls rather than one large one. I'm saving the second one for New Years. I should have bought 2 jars of bacon crumbles though. I had to use chopped walnuts on the second one. My husband is the big ranch lover in the house and he felt the ranch flavor was a bit weak. We all thought having it rolled in bacon was a fantastic idea. I plan on using it as my coating for savory cheese balls from now on. Thanks for sharing!
This was tasty, and very fast to make. The flavor was good, though not the best I've had. I mixed the bacon in with the cheese instead of using it on the outside. Also, I used actual bacon instead of bacon bits. It was pretty salty, but still a tasty side dish.
I made this twice over the holidays and it was a big hit! I used light cream cheese and it worked fine. I did find that between the dressing mix and the bacon it was very salty, but nobody else seemed to mind. I also mixed the bacon into the cheese mix rather than rolling it in the bacon.