Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
A cheap twist on a basic staple, turning it into a heartier meal.
- 2 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (beef, chicken, pork, or seafood)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 3 slices bread (Rye is best, but any kind is good)
- 3 slices American cheese
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add ketchup.
- Add Ramen, and boil for 2 minutes.
- Tear bread into small pieces and add to saucepan. Stir until bread is virtually dissolved. Mixture will thicken as bread dissolves.
- Add cheese in small pieces. Continue heating and stir until cheese is thoroughly melted and mixed.
- Remove from heat, and add Ramen Flavor Packet.
- Stir thoroughly and serve in a bowl.