Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Square and chewy melt in your mouth.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- in a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients--flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, almonds and raisins.
- In a another bowl cream shortening and, brown sugar and then add the egg. Beat well until very fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix very well.
- Place into a well greased and, floured 9- inch square baking pan. Press batter down with spoons or your hands.
- Top with 3 tsp white sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Mix together and sprinkle all over the top of the square.
- Bake in a preheated oven 375°.