Recipe by Bluenoser
Whether you are diabetic or merely watching your diet, this pie is pure heaven
Top Review by cookin' from scratch
All I can say is... GROSS. I made one-quarter of this recipe in muffin tins so that I could test it out before the holidays. I made it exactly as described (but without a crust). The preparation was very easy. The final product, however, was very eggy-it was like eating a fluffy raisin-pecan omelet. The texture was not smooth and the pie had lots of air bubbles. There was barely a hint of sweetness to this-probably increasing the sugar substitute to one cup would do it.
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inch)
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare but do not bake pie shell.
- Combine milk, sugar replacement, butter, eggs, cornstarch and salt in heavy saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat til well blended and slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla, and allow filling to rest 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle raisins on bottom of unbaked pie shell and pour pecan mixture on top.
- Bake 375F 45-50 mins or til knife inserted in centre comes out clean.