Recipe by Teen chef Linsey!!!!!
A dish that used to be made by railroad workers in France in the early 1900s.
- 5 large radishes, chopped into slices
- 2⁄3 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup milk, cold
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 sugar cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and on medium heat until melted.
- Warm up the milk and dissolve the sugar cube in it.
- Boil the milk and add the corn starch stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the powdered milk, cold milk, nutmeg,cinammon and radishes.
- Mix well and let it come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile beat eggs, baking powder and saffron.
- Add eggs to previous mixture.
- Spray 8 small flan moulds with vegetable oil.
- Cook in a 350 oven in a water bath for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let sit for a few minutes and remove flans.