Prep 1 min
Cook 7 mins
This is a sweet, spicy, and savory way to liven up ground turkey breast. It is an unusual and flavorful way to prepare an easy healthy meal. It can be wrapped in a tortilla or simply enjoyed plain.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons honey barbeque sauce
- Brown ground turkey breast in a skillet.
- Once browned add bbq sauce and spices until it is well dispersed throughout the meat crumbles.
- Reduce heat and stir for a minute or so to allow the flavors to meld and a sort of carmalization to occur.
- Serve and enjoy!
Based on the other reviews I swapped the amounts of the spices. When made I spooned into pita pockets with Salat Katzutz - "chopped Salad" (Israeli Salad) and plain yogurt. It had a very MidEastern taste and was enjoyed. Made for Spring '09 pick A Chef.
we liked the different flavour this recipe had, but we added 4 tbsp of BBQ sauce because we found that it was just too dry with only 2. Next time we're thinking about doing 1 tsp cinn, and 2 tsp chili, might change to taste up a bit!!
I turned this into a wonderful turkey sloppy joe by simply adding 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and letting it simmer. I also added a teaspoon of hot chili sauce to give it more of a kick!