Karen in MA's Note:
from The Rachael Ray Show, May 12, 2008
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 softball-sized onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 cup beef stock
- ground black pepper
- 4 dinner rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup provolone cheese, shredded
For the salad
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2In large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of olive oil, brown the ground sirloin (about 5-6 minutes).
- 3Add the onion and cook another 3-4 minutes, until the onions start to get tender.
- 4Stir in the steak sauce and beef stock, season with salt and pepper, bring up to a bubble and cook about 2 minutes.
- 5Split open rolls and toast under broiler.
- 6While the meat is cooking, melt the butter in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7Stir in the flour and cook about 1 minute.
- 8Whisk in milk, bring up to a bubble and let thicken, about 2 minutes.
- 9Turn off heat and stir the cheese in a figure-eight motion until it is all incorporated.
- 10In a salad bowl, toss the salami, cheese, pepperoncini, Bibb lettuce and arugula with the olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 11To serve, place a scoopful of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the rolls, then top with the cheese sauce and replace the top of the roll. Serve the salad alongside.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael's Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.0
- Calories from Fat 517
- Total Fat 57.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 173.5 mg
- Sodium 2341.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 52.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: