1/3 Photos of Rachael Ray's Super Scrumptious Sloppy Joes
This recipe is from Food Network's Rachael Ray. I like it b/c it uses tomato sauce instead of ketchup, and you can spice it up as you like. I add more onions as well as some garlic. * I like to use a little less brown sugar, as we like ours spicier rather than sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 1/4 lbs ground sirloin
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons steak seasoning, such as mccormick brand montreal seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 crusty rolls, split, toasted, and lightly buttered
- 1Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Add oil and meat to the pan.
- 3Spread the meat around the pan and begin to break it up.
- 4Combine brown sugar and steak seasoning.
- 5Add sugar and spice mixture to the skillet and combine.
- 6When the meat has browned, add onion and red peppers to the skillet.
- 7Reduce heat to medium and cook onions, peppers, red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce with meat for 5 minutes.
- 8Add tomato sauce and paste to pan.
- 9Stir to combine.
- 10Reduce heat to simmer and cook Sloppy Joe mixture 5 minutes longer.
- 11Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, pile sloppy meat onto toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun tops.
- 12Serve with your favorite sides or sliced tomatoes seasoned with salt and pepper, dill pickles and Potato Salad.
- 13We like to put a thick slice of cheddar on top of the meat in the sandwich and broil it for a few minutes to melt. YUM.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Super Scrumptious Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.3
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.1 mg
- Sodium 1156.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 36.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: