1/4 Photos of Rachael Ray's Grilled Beer Chicken With Potato Slabs
Source: Rachael Ray magazine June-July 2008
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces beer, room temperature (can or bottle)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more
- salt, for sprinkling
- 6 chicken drumsticks (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 baking potatoes
- olive oil, for drizzling
- lime wedge, for serving
- 1In a resealable plastic bag, combine the beer, butter, garlic, chili powder, brown sugar and salt.
- 2Add the drumsticks, seal the bag and let marinate while you proceed.
- 3Preheat a grill or grill pan to high.
- 4Microwave the potatoes on high until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- 5Slice the potatoes lengthwise about 1/4-inch thick.
- 6Drizzle both sides generously with olive oil.
- 7Transfer the chicken and potatoes to the grill.
- 8Grill the drumsticks, brushing with the beer marinade and turning occasionally, until the skin is golden and crisp and the juices run clear, 20 to 25 minutes
- 9Meanwhile, grill the potatoes until grill marks appear, about 3 minutes on each side.
- 10Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with salt.
- 11Serve the chicken and potatoes with the lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachael Ray's Grilled Beer Chicken With Potato Slabs
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.2
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 149.7 mg
- Sodium 1496.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 23.3 g