Source: Rachael Ray magazine June-July 2008
Make and share this Rachael Ray's Grilled Beer Chicken With Potato Slabs recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces beer, room temperature (can or bottle)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more
- salt, for sprinkling
- 6 chicken drumsticks (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 baking potatoes
- olive oil, for drizzling
- lime wedge, for serving
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the beer, butter, garlic, chili powder, brown sugar and salt.
- Add the drumsticks, seal the bag and let marinate while you proceed.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high.
- Microwave the potatoes on high until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes lengthwise about 1/4-inch thick.
- Drizzle both sides generously with olive oil.
- Transfer the chicken and potatoes to the grill.
- Grill the drumsticks, brushing with the beer marinade and turning occasionally, until the skin is golden and crisp and the juices run clear, 20 to 25 minutes
- Meanwhile, grill the potatoes until grill marks appear, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve the chicken and potatoes with the lime wedges.