Recipe by linguinelisa
This is a great change from the usual chile cornbread recipes. Rachael uses pepperjack cheese in a corn muffin mix and adds frozen corn to it. It's great with honey butter. I always omit the scallion when making this but the original recipe calls for it.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 lb pepperjack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease and 8x9 square baking pan.
- In medium sized bowl, combine corn muffin mix, egg and milk till just combined. Add cheese, corn and scallion till just combined. Pour into greased pan and bake till golden, about 15 to 18 minutes.