Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm not a big fan of peas, but like them IN things. This salad is one of my favorites. Happy to share!
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped, sometimes I use green onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- In large bowl, combine mayo, relish, sugar, seas. salt and mustard. Gently fold in rest of ingredients adding peas last so they don't get broken up and mushy. (Add more mayo if needed.) Chill.
- If you like it *EXTRA* creamy, double the sauce.
I think I found my favorite pea salad recipe now!!! I made a couple of mistakes but easily corrected them. I cut back on my onion (I thought it was going to be too hot for this salad), then added more. My celery was substituted with sliced water chestnuts and I used shredded sharp cheddar cheese. It was very, very good! Upon my serving it the 2nd day, I realized I had forgotten the mustard and seasoning salt. Added those 2 ingredients and WOW!! This is a forgiving recipe and one that I will make (correctly) again and again. Thank you for sharing!!
A great pea salad! Thanks for sharing!
I was looking for a good pea salad recipe and this is it! Very easy and so good! One thing to remember is to read the recipe, I put shredded cheese in mine the first time, it was too fine. The small cubed as the recipe calls for is much better! Thanks for sharing!