Recipe by firefly7777_sd
A healthier way to make those yummy buttery cookies! Add sprinkles, frosting, icing or no topping at all. Enjoy!!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (any flour)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (not packed) or 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg (whipped in a small bowl and put to the side)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl (use a plastic or wooden spoon or spatula). Mix until well combined. Add whipped egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined (3-4 min.).
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix until well combined but do not over mix dough.
- Drop dough by the tablespoonful onto cookie sheet 1/4" apart. Use your first two fingers and press cookies down at least 1/2 " - 1/4" thick. Do not make them too thin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden brown. (Place cookie sheet in the oven on the middle rack.).
- Let cookies cool completely. If you are using colorful sugars or sprinkles, feel free to top your cookies while they are still warm, not hot. Top with frosting or icing after cookies are completely cooled. You will want to refrigerate them with the frosting on top to allow the frosting to properly set.