Chef #1802823163's Note:
A healthier way to make those yummy buttery cookies! Add sprinkles, frosting, icing or no topping at all. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- 2Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl (use a plastic or wooden spoon or spatula). Mix until well combined. Add whipped egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined (3-4 min.).
- 4Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix until well combined but do not over mix dough.
- 5Drop dough by the tablespoonful onto cookie sheet 1/4" apart. Use your first two fingers and press cookies down at least 1/2 " - 1/4" thick. Do not make them too thin.
- 6Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden brown. (Place cookie sheet in the oven on the middle rack.).
- 7Let cookies cool completely. If you are using colorful sugars or sprinkles, feel free to top your cookies while they are still warm, not hot. Top with frosting or icing after cookies are completely cooled. You will want to refrigerate them with the frosting on top to allow the frosting to properly set.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.5
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 243.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 53.8 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter