Recipe by Tinks599
It is Memorial Day and our grill died a couple days ago...needing a part that did not arrive by today. My husband and I are watching what we eat...but I was craving a bacon cheese burger enough I was fully willing to break through the top of my alloted calories for the day. I put this together and it was both delicious and reasonable for my diet. I use 97/3 ground beef, and 100 calorie flat burger buns. This keeps this recipe about 550 calories for a burger so big I couldn't finish it (but I had fun trying!). The truth is, meals like this making watching what I eat a simple task and not at all feeling like I'm doing without.
- 24 ounces extra lean ground beef
- 4 ounces smoked gouda cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 4 light hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay bacon into a sheet pan and put in the oven at 400 degrees on the top shelf. Begin to make the burgers.
- Divide burger into 4, 6-oz portions.
- Divide cheese into 4, 1-oz portions.
- Mix burger, cheese and cavendars in a small glass mixing bowl. When done, pat burger down in the bottom of the bowl until an even thickness.
- Turn bowl over and the patty will come out. It should require minimal shaping at this point. Make the other three patties this same way.
- Put them on a broiling pan or on a rack in a sheet pan. Put formed burgers in the oven on the lower shelf in the oven.
- Cook the bacon until done (I like it crispy so it gets done very nearly when the burgers get done. Cook the burgers to 160 degrees (I like them pretty well done).
- Build your burger! I used horseradish mustard, tomato and pickle. The burger was tender, juicy and amazing!