Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Contest Entry. Let Reynolds Wrap make your next meal easier! Using Reynolds Wrap to roast vegetables makes cleanup a snap! I created this recipe for RSC Special Edition/Reynold's Wrap. It is healthy & delicious! High protein & fiber, low on fat. Loaded with fresh vegetables & herbs! Enjoy! Cook time does include time to cook all parts but many can be done simultaneously.
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 3 medium beets (with some stem still attached)
- olive oil
- 1 cup black beans, cooked in salted water until just soft & drained
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked in 2 c vegetable stock
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into large 1-inch dice
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into large 1-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos
- 1 lemon, grated zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F Scrub beets. Place each beet on a piece of foil large enough to wrap it well. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on each beet & wrap. Place foil wrapped beets on a baking tray & roast for 1 hour 15 minutes. Let cool a bit, unwrap, cut off top & stem, peel. Cut beets into large dice while still on foil. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Line a large baking tray with Reynold's Wrap foil. Place cut up zucchini & red bell pepper on tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Roast for just 15 minutes - this softens the vegetables so they are not raw without softening them too much. Remove from oven & sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Combine cooked quinoa & cooked black beans. Add minced shallot, garlic, jalapeno, lemon zest & oregano. Stir well. Add roasted vegetables. Stir well.
- Combine extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice & about 1/2tsp salt. Whisk well. Pour over pilaf & stir very well to combine. Add parsley & stir well one more time.