Recipe by Elmotoo
Ready, Set, Cook! Contest Entry. Let Reynolds Wrap make your next meal easier! Using Reynolds Wrap to roast vegetables makes cleanup a snap! I created this recipe for RSC Special Edition/Reynold's Wrap. It is healthy & delicious! High protein & fiber, low on fat. Loaded with fresh vegetables & herbs! Enjoy! Cook time does include time to cook all parts but many can be done simultaneously.
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 3 medium beets (with some stem still attached)
- olive oil
- 1 cup black beans, cooked in salted water until just soft & drained
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked in 2 c vegetable stock
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into large 1-inch dice
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into large 1-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos
- 1 lemon, grated zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Scrub beets. Place each beet on a piece of foil large enough to wrap it well. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on each beet & wrap. Place foil wrapped beets on a baking tray & roast for 1 hour 15 minutes. Let cool a bit, unwrap, cut off top & stem, peel. Cut beets into large dice while still on foil. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Line a large baking tray with Reynold's Wrap foil. Place cut up zucchini & red bell pepper on tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Roast for just 15 minutes - this softens the vegetables so they are not raw without softening them too much. Remove from oven & sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Combine cooked quinoa & cooked black beans. Add minced shallot, garlic, jalapeno, lemon zest & oregano. Stir well. Add roasted vegetables. Stir well.
- Combine extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice & about 1/2tsp salt. Whisk well. Pour over pilaf & stir very well to combine. Add parsley & stir well one more time.