Recipe by Chef Mick
Quinoa, O Quinoa, Love of my Life, now in my favourite cold Spanish Soup -- a shout out to Alton Brown who I borrowed heavily from...let it sit over night -- use whatever tomatos float your boat
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 -6 roma tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 -2 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Small dice the cucumber after you de-seeded it -- rustic to small dice the bell pepper.
- Use more or less canned tomato puree per desire to have more soup like or more stew like.
- Bring stock, tomato puree, 1/2 garlic portion, 1/2 portion onion and quinoa to a boil and simmer on lowish heat for 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is done.
- Combine well with other ingredients and chill for at least an hour, preferably overnight. Holds for a week or so.
- My first recipe posting --
- Try dry roasting quinia in a fry pan for 10-15, notice for darkening of color and change in smell to more nutty.