Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. We use this recipe when time is short and everyone is hungry for a savory satisfying hearty meal appropriate for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 cup diced cooked ham (pre-packaged cubed cooked ham, or leftover cooked ham)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- Heat oil in skillet (use amount of oil to your taste and to cover bottom of skillet).
- Array package of "Simply Potatoes with Onions" in skillet.
- Sprinkle cubed ham over the potatoes.
- Cover skillet with lid and cook for 15 minutes without turning until bottom is crispy.
- While "Simply Potatoes with Onions" and cubed ham are browning, mix the ketchup and mayonnaise in measuring cup: if you wish the sauce a bit thinner add a little bit of water to taste. Set ketchup/mayo sauce aside.
- Uncover skillet after 15 minutes or when underside beautifully browned, then turn crispy side up so uncooked side is now on the bottom, re-cover with lid and cook for 15 minutes or less, until underside is crispy brown and done to your taste.
- While potato and ham mixture is crisping, cut each hard boiled egg in half longwise and set aside.
- Turn off heat, set skillet on heat-safe trivet and array the eight half-eggs in a pretty pattern on top of the potato/ham mixture, and to top it drizzle the ketchup/mayonnaise sauce artistically over the eight egg halfs and over the potato/ham mixture.
- Bring skillet on heat-safe trivet to table and serve family style.
- This meal is delicious, and Clean up is a snap!