Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
No curry sauce or masala sauce to bother with here. Just a quick and easy saute of veggies with a wonderful curry flavor. I used a Malaysian style curry powder in this, but use whatever yellow curry powder you have (Malaysian, Indian, Jamaican, whatever). The flavor of this goes with any of those cuisines, without being of that cuisine itself. Also goes great with simply prepared dishes, such as grilled steak or baked fish or chicken.
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup snap pea pods, trimmed
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 lemon
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan and when hot, add onion.
- Add salt and pepper, and when onions start to become translucent, add other vegetables.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring and tossing frequently, until just crisp-tender.
- Just before veggies are done, add red pepper flakes, garlic powder and curry powder (don't do this early or it may scorch).
- Give the veggies a squeeze of the lemon just before serving for a bright flavor.