Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
From prebaking the dough for crispness to drizzling the finished pie with balsamic vinegar, this 30-minute recipe is full of flavorful tricks.
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 5 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unroll crust dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat into a 13x11-inch rectangle. Bake at 400°F for 8 minutes. Remove crust from oven, and brush with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Rub crust with cut sides of garlic.
- Arrange tomato slices on crust, leaving 1/2-inch border; sprinle evenly with cheese. Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon oil and vinegar, stirring with a whisk.
- Sprinkle pizza evenly with sliced basil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the vinegar mixture evenly over the pizza. Cut pizza into 8 pieces.