Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a delicious no-crust savory pie that goes together quickly, and is very satisfying. The oregano and roasted red pepper give it a wonderful flavor. It is a good high-protien, low-carb alternative to quiche or to the Bisquick version of no-crust vegetable pies. The original recipe called for 40 minutes baking time, but it took a full hour in my oven. One pie serves 4 as a main dish (only 320 calories per serving!), or 8 as a side dish.
- 473.18 ml low fat cottage cheese
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese or 236.59 ml Italian cheese blend
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 198.44 g jar roasted red peppers, well drained, chopped
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml dried oregano leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking oil spray.
- Use a strainer or colander to squeeze all the excess liquid out of the thawed, drained spinach.
- Combine all ingredients, and mix until well blended.
- Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Bake 40 to 60 minutes, or until center is set.