Recipe by Anu
Quick, because it's microwaved, and zingy because of the unsweetened orange juice! Try this for a healthy, nutritious and simply delicious start to your day!
Top Review by cpenner
This was a tasty, intensely orange porridge. A great way to start my day! I microwaved for 2 minutes 45 seconds. Thanks for the idea -- now I will have to try this with other kinds of juice! UPDATE: I have made this more than once, also trying apple juice instead of orange juice. I find that half water and half juice is what I like best -- not overly intense, but still with a nice fruity flavour.
- 1⁄3 cup oat bran
- 2⁄3 cup cold unsweetened orange juice (I use Tropicana)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oat bran and orange juice in a medium sized microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes; watch constantly and stop cooking when mixture threatens to bubble over the sides of the bowl.
- Stir occasionally.
- After 2 minutes, check to see if all the orange juice has been absorbed.
- If not, microwave for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Stir, and, if desired, top with fresh orange slices (or any other"compatible" fruit) for a yummy, citrusy breakfast!
- Note: Microwave times will vary so adjust cook time accordingly; this recipe simply provides a rough guideline.