Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
As a Uni student, I always try to make quick, healthy and easy meals for me and my housemates. This is one of those "Look in your pantry" sort of recipe.
- 1 slice chopped bacon, with rind removed
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 5 cloves rough chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup frozen vegetables
- 1 (15 ounce) can baked beans
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sheet store-bought frozen puff pastry
- Pre-heat oven at 220 degrees celsius.
- Brown bacon in a deep pan for about 2 minutes.
- Add in chopped garlic.
- Once you can smell the garlic, add beef mince.
- Stir constantly for about 5 mins, break up any lumps.
- Add in frozen vegetables.
- Stir well.
- Add cumin spice.
- Add in the can of baked beans Stir well and simmer it till it boils.
- This will take approximately 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture to a deep oven proof dish.
- Place puff pastry on top of the dish.
- Put in oven for about 20 minutes.
- The pie should be golden brown.
- Serve with grilled vegetables.
I found this to be a great comfort food type of recipe. I omitted the cumin and baked at 350F. This is a keeper. Margie