Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of those "necessity is the mother of invention" things- I hesitate to call it a recipe! I had a few stray chicken breasts and some pork chops that were a wee bit too dry to fly solo....after a quick cupboard rummage, I came up with this, and was surprised at how well it was received- my leftover-phobic hubby had THIRDS. And because the meat is already cooked, it goes from table to stove in about 15 minutes.
- 2 leftover cooked chicken breasts
- 3 leftover cooked pork loin chops (Any combo works here, you could also throw beef or ground turkey, or even taco meat or tofu into the)
- 0.5 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I used the Trader Joe's Brand, which has a kick to it!)
- 3 (16 ounce) cans chili beans (I used Bush's- it comes in a spicy sauce)
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- Shred/dice/crumble meat into a good-sized saucepan.
- Add BBQ sauce and beans- heat over med/high until bubbly. Stir in brown sugar, and keep stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved and mixture is heated through.
- I like to serve this with mac n' cheese, succotash, and a green salad -- plus maybe some garlic bread if I am feeling decadent. Yum!