Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from www.rawguru.com. I loved it, but hubby wasn't fond of the texture of the kale. . .so I am going to throw in the recommendation to use your favorite lettuce in this recipe in place of the kale. I also let my salad marinate for about 2 hours which was great (and truly softened up the kale quite a bit).
- 1 cucumber (unpeeled and diced fine)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced fine or cut into thin strips)
- 1 avocado (chopped)
- 1 tomatoes (chopped)
- 118.29 ml radicchio (chopped, I leave this out)
- 10 stalk kale (julienned)
- 1 lemon, juice of (I used 1.5 lemons)
- 7.39 ml agave nectar (I add about a Tbsp)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml hemp seed oil (I sometimes sub this for 1/2 tsp pumpkin seed oil and 1/2 tsp olive oil)
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 2.46 ml salt (to taste)
- 1.23 ml lemon pepper
- Toss together salad ingredients.
- Blend dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour over the salad and let it sit for 20 minutes at room temperature before eating, letting the flavors develop! (As previously stated, I leave mine out for 2-3 hours and then it's WONDERFUL).
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
Awesome salad! I made this last night but could not wait for hours until I devoured this! I did have some left over which I refrigerated for lunch today! It IS even better later! Thank you for sharing this yummy way to enjoy kale!