Recipe by Sweetslover
These are not only super easy and quick but they are low-fat too! These can be thrown together in minutes. They are full of flavor but feel free to add your own goodies like cilantro or black olives. In my house, simple is always best. (Lots of picky eaters)!
- 4 flour tortillas or 4 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup salsa
- hot sauce
- shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat your broiler.
- Spray a medium oven-safe pan with non-stick spray.
- Crack eggs into pan in sets of two so that you can serve them more easily after cooked. As they begin to cook, pour the water along the outer edges of the pan to create steam. The water will completely evaporate by the time the eggs are done cooking. Cover and let steam for 2 or 3 minutes until they are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from heat and splash on some hot sauce.
- On one set of eggs, spoon on half of the salsa and sprinkle on half of the cheese. Repeat on the two remaining eggs. Place the pan in the broiler for 3-4 minutes so that the cheese melts and the salsa warms through.
- Meanwhile, place 2 tortillas side by side on two plates.
- Remove pan from broiler and slide one set of the eggs on top of the tortillas. Repeat with remaining tortillas and eggs.
- Serve with a side of low fat sour cream if you'd like. Enjoy!