Krsi Sue's Note:
I wanted to make spring rolls last night & realized I was missing the main ingredient - - the wrappers! Rather than put everything back in the fridge and wait until I hit the store - -I started to experiment. This worked out great & I hope everyone else can use this in a pinch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together flour, cornstarch, oil, and enough water to make a thin batter.
- 2Lightly oil a small (6") frying pan and heat.
- 3Spoon 2 Tbsp of the batter into the center of the pan.
- 4Swirl the batter around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- 5Cook until the wrapper is dry and starts to shrink from the edge of the side of the pan. Do not let it change colors.
- 6Transfer the wrapper to a plate and cover it with a damp cloth until you have made all that you need.
- 7To fill: place your favorite filling slightly off center of the wrapper. Fold the sides over, then roll the wrapper up to enclose the filling. Brush around the edges with a beaten egg to seal it. Deep fry the spring roll about 4 minutes and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Homemade Spring Roll Wrappers
Serving Size: 1 (614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g