Recipe by Krsi Sue
I wanted to make spring rolls last night & realized I was missing the main ingredient - - the wrappers! Rather than put everything back in the fridge and wait until I hit the store - -I started to experiment. This worked out great & I hope everyone else can use this in a pinch!
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flour, cornstarch, oil, and enough water to make a thin batter.
- Lightly oil a small (6") frying pan and heat.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp of the batter into the center of the pan.
- Swirl the batter around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the wrapper is dry and starts to shrink from the edge of the side of the pan. Do not let it change colors.
- Transfer the wrapper to a plate and cover it with a damp cloth until you have made all that you need.
- To fill: place your favorite filling slightly off center of the wrapper. Fold the sides over, then roll the wrapper up to enclose the filling. Brush around the edges with a beaten egg to seal it. Deep fry the spring roll about 4 minutes and enjoy!