Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
A really tasty marinade that's quick to prepare and provides the base to an easy meal. When cooked, the chicken will be sticky and tangy. Serve with steamed rice and stir fried pak choy for a complete meal. Enough to cover about 8 pieces of chicken
- 6 pieces of stem ginger in syrup (plus 4tbsp syrup from the jar)
- 150 ml soy sauce
- 2 limes (juice only)
- Put everything in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Put chicken (drumsticks or thighs) in a plastic food bag and pour over the marinade.
- Tie up or ziplock the bag, smoother the chicken with the marinade and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and put in the oven. Baste with the leftover marinade every 10 minutes.
- Lip smackinly good!