Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Definitely NOT low-fat, but we do enjoy it on occasion. Easily doubled.
Make and share this Quick, Easy and Tasty Spaghetti Carbonara recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 3 -4 slices bacon, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook spaghetti until al dente.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon (I use microwave), drain thoroughly.
- Grate cheese.
- Drain spaghetti.
- While still very hot stir in beaten egg, then cheese, butter and pepper.
- Add cooked bacon.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
This was a fast meal to throw together after a busy day! I made the recipe exactly as stated, but next time I will definitely saute an onion and throw in a bit of minced garlic for added flavour. My dh thought it a bit on the dry side, so I remedied that by stirring in some 10% cream at the end to produce a carbonara he was more familiar with texture-wise. Made for Let's party Dec '09.