Recipe by Clifford Boren
Quick, easy, and delicious.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This was fantastic! Into the pan and onto the table in no time at all. I put eight chicken breast into two pans and used only 40 ozs of spaghetti sauce. Even at that there was sufficient sauce for each piece of chicken. The comment from my husband when he sat down to eat was, “WOW”.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- egg substitute (equal to one egg in volume)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups bottled spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- With whatever tool comes easily to hand, flatten the chicken breasts a bit.
- Dip the chicken in the egg then in the crumbs.
- Melt the margarine in a skillet and brown the chicken.
- Add the sauce, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses and parsely.
- Cover and simmer another 5 or so minutes until cheese melts.